Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Brassai

Brassai 'No Ordinary Eyes'
Is one of the most influential and important photographers of the 20th century. He's best known for his chronicling of demi-monde Paris in the 1930s and for his classic portraits. 

The Quai de Bercy, c. 1932
I really like the lighting on the tree in this image. Its still got the idea of street photography but the nature involved i feel makes it more appealing and more to the image. Hence i really like the use of nature in the images and would like to try these in my images.

The Edge of the Jardin du Luxemburg on the Rue Auguste-Comte, c. 1931
The way that this image has been taken looking down and along the street, row of trees and concrete wall to me is very visually enhancing. I like how its a portrait image and the idea of creating depth in a image.

In Montmartre, c. 1935-37
I love this image, once again the portrait idea of looking down at the steps, trees and lamps creates a lovely photograph. I want to try and use this idea in my photographs in my street also.



Referenced from;
Brassai, 'N Ordinary Eyes'
Edited by Alain Sayag and Annick Lionel-Marie
2000, Thames and Hudson Ltd, (UK).

No comments:

Post a Comment